Like Bruce Lee, my way is of water.
So while I don't usually respond to tags as a full blog post, I will do this for Fatima because not only am I roza-compliant, but she is almost-family and gave me a really awesome serving bowl as a wedding present.
My five current addictions are as follows:
- Fennel. The seeds, the sprigs, ground up or whole. I will add it to any dish I can get away with.
- Google reader. How could I have not latched on to this sooner!? Shame on me.
- Twitter. I'm following some of South Africa's brightest people and some brilliant buitelanders.
- Woolworths Taste Magazine
- Making coffee popsicles. See here for directions. Add a bit of elachi (cardamom) for that lekker extra.
--note-- Killa's gone and tagged me as well. Even though I didn't get a discount on the jellies I bought from their shop, he's family too (the tentacles of the charo-connections* extend into the blogosphere)
I will not tag anyone specifically. If you care to play along, leave your list in the comments section.
*aka "haga kareh" in the guji vernac, "my granny's your grandpa's cousin", "my aunty's married to your brother-in-law's sister" and on and on until you discover you've gone and married someone whose forebearers worked in the same village rice keti as your great-great-grand-dada's.