Thursday, May 29, 2008

chipping the block

I did it.

My first one ever.

Not a paragraph, not a character sketch, not amputated dialogue, but a whole story. One thousand four hundred fifty five words worth.

It's rough I know, it's still in first draft. It's simplistic, there's undeveloped characters, sparse dialogue, inconsistencies, mixed up tenses, bad grammar, probably a million holes and it doesn't have a title, but I don't care. It may have a face only a mother would love, but this is huge for me. I've never finished a piece of fiction before.

Thank you 5g33k for being such a fucking nag of a muse, couldn't have done it without you Genius.

Read the piece here.

And yes, I want to know what you think. Pat on the head or evisceration, I welcome all feedback.

*July09/08 edit* Have since removed the link for some official purposes. Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's been taken in to consideration for the final edit.

3 comments:

::: SPEEDY ::: said...

NICE..... can i pass it around for comments?

Crimson Shimmer said...

hey hey...

really nice story... love the twist.
i cant help but wonder as to what would have inspired it... hmmmm
if you need good shit saaleha i gots da best in da west`
and in objective honesty: the story needs a lil bit of panel beating here and there and perhaps sum pollyfiller ;)
given: you have warned of its incompletion`
knowing you...
it would only take one stroke of a brush to turn it to a masterpiece hey!

S said...

It's lovely. Detailed comment on that side.

Profane. Profound. What's your poison?