"A Proudly South African meme inspired by EXMIRules:Link back to the Meme creator - CazLink back to the person who tagged you - this girlie here.Give at least 5 reasons why you love SA
Our country is a troubled teenager. Its soul wrestles and sweats with the burly demons of crime, poverty and corruption. It thrashes with poor service delivery, reckless political mouthpieces, unemployment, class struggle and HIV/Aids.
But it still believes; this teenager harbours hope.
And I still believe, though on some days, it gets a bit hard to. But that is the nature of Faith.
And with that, I give you 5 reasons why I love South Africa:
- Our freedom of expression/religion. I can be Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Taoist, Bhuddist, Wiccan, whatever. I can wear the symbols of my faith freely and there is no obstacle to my practice.
- We all go on about what a beautiful country this is, because, what do you know, it really is a beautiful country. Click here for pictures the husband took over at Chapmans Peak, Cape Town. That's just one place.
- Our internet access is not censored or restricted. (But we'd really like more bandwidth please)
- We managed a fairly peaceful transition into democracy back in 1994, when the world thought we'd burn each other up. And that gives me real hope for our future.
- We are a nation of creatives and achievers: in the arts, technosphere and on the sports field.